ATTENTION: Due to Memorial Day, WCTFCU offices will be CLOSED Monday, May 27, 2024.


General Information

ATM Debit Cards

Digital Banking and Bill Pay


Share Savings Accounts

Share Draft/Checking Accounts


Account Services

What is a credit union?

A credit union is a cooperative, not-for-profit financial institution organized to promote thrift and provide credit to members. It is member-owned and controlled through a board of directors elected by the members. The board serves on a volunteer basis and may hire a management team to run the credit union. The board also creates and revises policies, sets dividend and loan rates, and directs certain operations. The result: Members are provided with a safe, convenient place to save and borrow at reasonable rates at an institution which exists to benefit them, not to make a profit.

How do I become a member?

To view member eligibility requirements, please Click Here.

How do I make deposits?

Deposits can be made in person at any of our locations, by mail, or by ATM at the Main Office or Williamsport locations.

Is my money insured at WCTFCU?

Yes, your funds are federally insured through the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration).  The NCUA is very similar to the FDIC for banks.  

Where are your branches located?

There are three WCTFCU branches.  Please Click Here for address details and operating hours.

What are your hours?

Click Here for branch hours of operation.

What is your mailing address?

19638 Leitersburg Pike, Suite 100
Hagerstown, MD 21742

Will I receive a 1098 Form?

You will receive a 1098 if you paid at least $600 in interest on Credit Union Home Loans. This form will be mailed to you prior to January 31.  If you paid less than $600, you will not receive an IRS Form 1098.  Please refer to your previous statements or contact the Credit Union to obtain these figures.

Will I receive a 1099 Form?

You will receive a 1099 if you earned $10 or more in dividends on Credit Union accounts. This form will be mailed to you prior to January 31.  If you earned less than $10, you will not receive an IRS Form 1099.  Please refer to your previous statements or contact the Credit Union to obtain these figures.

How do I change my address?

Identity fraud can occur from stolen mail and fraudulent change of address forms.  In order to better protect your account information, WCTFCU statements are NOT forwarded even if you submit a change of address form with the post office.  If you have moved and have not informed us of your new address, your statements will be returned to the Credit Union.  If your phone number has also changed, we may have no way to contact you should questions or concerns arise regarding your account. 

Whenever you have a life event that changes your personal information, you need to let WCTFCU know as soon as possible.  Phone numbers and e-mail addresses can be updated by calling any of our locations.  You can change your address in person or by written request only. 

Change of address forms are available at any of our locations.  You can also mail a signed letter requesting your address be changed.  Be sure to include:

  • your name
  • previous mailing address
  • new mailing address*
  • member number
  • telephone numbers

*If your new mailing address is a P.O. Box, please also include a physical address.  This information is for record keeping purposes only.

How do I add/remove joint owners from my account?

To add or remove a joint owner to your account, a special form is required to be completed and signed by ALL the individuals on the account in the presence of our staff. New account owners will be subject to our Procedures for Opening a New Account.   Please visit one of our offices to make any joint owner changes.

Do you charge fees for a bank check?  What are your other fees?

We do not charge any fees for bank checks.  Please see our Fee Schedule for all our fees.

What do I do if my ATM or Debit Card is lost or has been stolen?

Please Click Here for Lost/Stolen card information.

I am traveling soon, what do I need to do to ensure that my card works?

Please see the Travel Notification information.

Can I use my ATM/Debit Card internationally?

You can use both cards internationally.  Your Debit Card can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted.  Your ATM and Debit Cards can be used at any ATM which displays the Pulse or Star logos as represented on the back of your cards.

How do I order a new ATM/Debit Card?

Please Contact Us to request a new card.  There is an $8.00 fee for a replacement card.

What are the daily ATM/Debit Card cash and POS limits?

We have limits set for your protection.  The maximum amount of cash you can withdraw from your account each day using your card is $400.  For point-of-sale (POS) transactions, available only with the MasterCard Debit Card, your daily maximum is $1,000.  Should you need to have your limits increased temporarily, please Contact Us.

How do I activate my ATM/Debit Card?

Please call 800-290-7893.  This is an automated service.  Please have your card available and follow the prompts.

How do I set or change the PIN for my ATM/Debit Card?

Please call 800-290-7893.  This is an automated service.  Please have your card available and follow the prompts.

What Digital Banking services are available?

Our Digital Banking site offers many services including access to account balances and history, funds transfers, e-Statements, loan payments, recurring transfers, Bill Pay, and more!

How do I sign up for Digital Banking?

See Sign Up Instructions.

What if I forget my Digital Banking password?

Click on Forgot Password.  Submitting the form will generate a new, random password for your account.  The new password will be emailed/texted to you at the address/number currently on file for Digital Banking.  

Do you offer Mobile Banking?

Yes!  We have apps for both iPhone and Android.  Search the iPhone App Store for "Washington County Teachers" or the Google Play Store for "Washington County Teachers FCU".

How do I sign up for Bill Pay?

Once you have logged on to Digital Banking, click on the Pay Bills button and it will prompt you to sign up for Bill Pay.

I'm already signed up for Bill Pay but I have questions about using it.

When you are in Bill Pay there are several ways to get your questions answered.  You can click on the Help Tab for general questions.  You can click on Chat Now to chat live with a support representative or you can call 877-360-2527 to talk with a support representative.

How are payments delivered?

Payments are sent one of two ways - electronically or by paper check.  The majority of payments are delivered electronically.  Your payment information, such as your account number, is sent via a secure transmission.  All others payments are made by paper check that are mailed via the U.S. Postal Service.

What is the cutoff time to submit a bill payment request?

You may schedule, edit, or stop a payment prior to 4:00 PM EST on the date the payment is scheduled to process.

How long does it take before my payment is received?

Generally your payment is received within two to seven days, depending on whether or not it is sent electronically or via paper check.

How do I access e-Statements?

Once logged on to your account, there is an index on the upper left corner of the screen. Click on e-Statements.  Select the statement of your choice.

Do you have a minimum balance requirement for Savings Accounts?

Master Share Savings accounts require a minimum balance of $5.  In order to earn dividends, you must have an average daily balance of $100.  

Do you have Christmas/Holiday Club accounts?

Yes, we do!  Please see Deposit Accounts for more information.

Do you have a minimum balance requirement for Checking Accounts?

Share Draft/Checking accounts do not require a minimum balance.  In order to earn dividends, you must have an average daily balance of $250.

How do I order checks?

If you are ordering checks for the first time, you must Contact Us for assistance.  For reorders, please see Reorder Checks.

How do I view checks that have cleared my account?

Once logged into your account, scan through the history and click on the check number to view the check image.

How do I apply for a loan?

Apply for A Loan

What are your loan rates?

To view our competitive rates, Click Here.

Can I pay an additional amount towards the principal balance of my loan?

Yes.  Any accrued interest will first be credited to your loan from the additional payment. The remainder of the payment will be applied to your principal balance.  To make a principal only payment you must send/bring cash/check to any of our locations and specify that it is a principal only payment.  Principal only payments cannot be made electronically.

How do I obtain a free credit report?

A credit report contains information on where you live, how you pay your bills, and whether you've been sued or filed for bankruptcy.  Nationwide consumer reporting companies (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) sell the information in your report to creditors, insurers, employers, and other businesses that use it to evaluate your application for credit, insurance, employment, or renting a home. 

When you order a report, you will need to provide your name, address, Social Security number, and date of birth.  To verify your identity, you may need to provide some information that only you would know, like the amount of your monthly mortgage payment. 

The official contact information is or by phone at 877-322-8228. is the only authorized source for consumers to access their credit reports online for FREE.  The free report, however, is not scored.

What information do I need to provide for a wire to be sent to my account?

See Incoming Wires.

How do I send a wire from my account?

See Outgoing Wires.

How long are stop payments good for?

Stop payments are valid for 6 months when a Stop Payment Request Form is completed and signed at any of our locations.  An oral request will expire after 14 days but can be extended once you sign the Stop Payment Request Form.

Do you have a Notary and is there a charge?

We do have notaries at both the Main Office and Williamsport locations.  See Notary Services for more information.

How do I set up Direct Deposit or Payroll Deduction?

See Direct Deposit/Payroll Deduction for information.

What is the Credit Union's routing number?

WCTFCU's routing number is 255079527.  For account and member number instructions, please Click Here.